- Circle Sentencing - Unlike a traditional sentencing in which a judge hears from the prosecutor and the defense lawyer in a courtroom, then sentences the defendant, participants in circle sentencing meet outside the courtroom and literally sit in a circle.
- Criminal Mediation - Plea bargaining done well revisits the past relationship between all stakeholders so as to manage the present relationship in order to structure an appropriate future relationship.
- Victim Offender Conferencing - The first court-connected victim-offender conferencing program in Alabama was begun by Judge Tracy McCooey at the circuit court in Montgomery County.
- More on Restorative Justice - Websites with more information about restorative justice.
- Portraits of Restorative Justice - A video.